- Also from parrot (the quadcopter "ARDrone" guys), the Jumping Sumo.
- Anki Cars! - how to program the coolest racing robots in the galaxy.
- Finch - the simplest we have, programming in a variety of
languages and interfaces. Power/control by a (fairly long) USB umbilical.
We have 5 of these.
- iRobot Create - basically a 'roombah' with smarts you can talk to.
While it might seem of limited ability, it is autonomous it makes a
dandy platform for carrying around other things -- for instance a
raspberry pi, camera, and a battery.
- Lego Mindstorm -
might seem like a toy, but has a surprisingly sophisticated control
mechanism you can program with a variety of tools. Autonomous. We
have 2. We've also purchased a 'Tetrix' augmentation kit, with much
more robust supports, wheels, and better servos.
- ArDrone 2.0 - It flies! It
lands! It crashes into things! Surprisingly resilient (its made of
plastics that are expected to be flung about), and has an on-board
linux machine (plus two cameras an altitude sensor and an
accellerometer.) Programmable with ROS -- C or python (and
"javadrone", and others). Connected to wirelessly (it provides its
own basestation and SSID.)
- Bioloid - an amazing
collection of servos, sensors, control devices and things to connect
them together. You can build a simple one of just about anything with
it. Programmable in C natively.