Rackserver Use policy
Rackserver Use Policy
- Rackservers will not be used for any purpose that contravenes the
Rutgers and Computer Science acceptable use policy. Play nice.
- When you request one, you will be assigned one server (currently
there are seven). You will be responible for what happens on that
server (see above.) That includes people you give accounts to.
- You are responsible for the security of the system. Good
passwords, software updates. Play smart.
- You can install whatever operating system you like, which I prefer
to be a linux version. That's only for security reasons, really.
- When you set up your server, you must give me a login that allows
me to become superuser (for instance, give me sudo privs), so I can
halt the machine if it becomes unsafe on the network.
- You can get out to anywhere, but only machines at rutgers
can get into the machines. You can set up a tunneling mechanism, but
I'd like to know about it.
- You will NOT use these machines to contravene the
acceptable use policies. That includes bittorrent, and other
copyright violation mechanisms. Please do NOT use these machines to